Long-established, multi-billion-dollar Asian-American owned investment firm in search of Investor Relations Professional to be based in Seattle Metro Area, Washington. The Investor Relations Professional acts as the link between the investment team and the fund’s limited partners. This person is a key point of contact for all investor requests and acts as a source of investment strategy and market knowledge. The role combines investor relations and investment strategy skills with a special focus on value investing philosophy and requires capacity to develop deep subject matter expertise, the ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively within the Investor Relations team, across the organization, and with external business partners. The candidate will report to the Managing Director of Investor Relations.
- Investment strategy articulation – Communicate to investors on the firm’s history, culture, organization, investment philosophy and process, portfolio, and performance.
- Investor relationship management – Develop a deep understanding of the firm’s investors and maintain ongoing investor relationships. Independently respond to investor information requests, client service questions and follow-up. Foster through written communique, conference calls/meetings, and in-person, long-term partnerships with existing and new investors.
- Investor due diligence – Lead project management and responding to investors’ requests for information. Prepare and coordinate new and updated fund information, presentation materials, due diligence requests, etc.
- Investor operations and administration – Coordinate team schedule management with assistance from the team. Manage the team’s CRM system. Coordinate client onboarding and work closely with the fund administrator, legal counsel, tax advisors and other external partners. Participate in the planning and organization of investor events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable about the philosophy and practice of value investing, with 2+ years of investing, product specialist/investor relations, and/or related experience.
- Ideally possesses understanding of and/or experience working with institutional investors.
- A self-starter who is disciplined, well organized, and a consummate team player. A proactive interpersonal style with the ability to function effectively in an entrepreneurial organization which emphasizes team play.
- Demonstrate intellectual horsepower and curiosity.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and maturity with a level of sophistication which will enable the candidate to strategize and work effectively with a broad array of investors and their advisors.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to provide attentive, thoughtful support to the investor due diligence and onboarding processes and ongoing client service. High attention to detail required.
Interested candidates should send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com.